You can keep up-to-date with daily snapshots from the WA State Government here or visit the following websites for more information:
Nulsen Disability Services plays a crucial role in supporting people with complex needs in our community. We are closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) to ensure the safety of all employees, families and ultimately, the people we support.
We’ve compiled a list of useful resources and outlined the steps we’re taking to ensure the health, safety and well-being of all people across all service streams at Nulsen Group in response to the impact of COVID-19.
What is COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause respiratory infections. These can range from the common cold to more serious diseases.
COVID-19 is a disease caused by a new form of coronavirus. It was first reported in December 2019.
What we’re doing
The safety and well-being of employees and people we support is our highest priority. To ensure we remain prepared for the ongoing impacts of COVID-19, Nulsen has a wide range of preventative safety measures that we will implement as needed. These include:
- Equipping accommodation services & offices with thermometers to check temperatures.
- Professional COVID-19 cleaning services on standby if we identify a confirmed case.
- Complimentary flu vaccinations available for all employees.
- Employees issued an essential services travel letter when required, ensuring they can continue to provide clients with the services they need.
- Ongoing greater emphasis on hygiene, particularly in relation to washing hands and coughing/sneezing into a tissue or covering cough/sneezes with elbows.
- Organisation-wide approaches to minimising physical contact and social distancing.
- Ensuring we have pandemic preparedness boxes at each worksite, regularly audited and restocked.
- Providing ongoing education and infection control training for all employees.
- Fixed and portable hand sanitiser dispensers across all locations, encouraging everyone to ensure their personal hygiene is of the highest standard.
- Sanitiser wipes available in all offices.
- PPE travel kits for employees to use when visiting clients in a home or community setting.
We’ve collated a range of useful resources on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as well as looking after your mental health and staying up-to-date with all the latest information on COVID-19.
Easy-read and multilingual resources
Priority access for home delivery of online shopping
As part of its commitment to supporting CoS (Commonwealth Continuity of Support) clients the Australian Government is ensuring that clients wanting support to grocery shop have priority access to home delivery services.
From Tuesday 14 April 2020 CoS clients can use an Aged Care identification number to purchase grocery items online or by phone, for delivery to your home from participating major supermarket chains, wherever they offer home delivery services (e.g. Coles, Woolworths and IGA).
To obtain your individual code CoS clients must contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to register.
You will not be assessed for aged care services during this call. The Contact Centre will only collect some basic information to generate an Aged Care identification number, which can then be used to receive priority access to home delivery services
Contacting My Aged Care does not mean you are now part of the aged care system. CoS clients will continue to be a CoS client and receive CoS services and supports.
To access priority home delivery services:
- Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 (Freecall*).
- Tell the operator you are a CoS client.
- Answer some basic questions.
- You will be given an Aged Care identification number which can be entered as a priority home delivery code.
- Complete your shopping online or by phone for home delivery with the participating supermarket retailers listed above.
- When prompted enter your Aged Care identification number as the priority home delivery code.
- Submit your order.
The My Aged Care Contact Centre is open:
- Monday to Friday: 8am – 8pm; Saturdays: 10am – 2pm and Closed on Sundays and national public holidays.
How can we help?
We want you to know we’re here to support you during this difficult time. If you have a question or feedback or would like to talk to someone, please complete the form below, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
"*" indicates required fields