The future of Nulsen Disability Services
As we celebrate and reflect on the previous 60 years at Nulsen Disability Services, we look forward to the future and continuing to enrich the lives of people with complex disability.
Nulsen has had a rich history. We’re constantly evolving as an organisation. Change is not new and we always strive to grow and adapt to meet the needs of our clients.
There is no ‘one size fits all’ approach to disability support. We start with the wishes of the person with complex disability, then work back to design the supports.
Nulsen cares for people in a way that instils hope, certainty and trust. It’s our job to make sure every service is nurturing, tailored and delivered in The Nulsen Way.
With our collaborative, compassionate, courageous, resilient, and respectful approach, we ensure that people receive the highest quality services to meet their needs and to empower them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life.
We’re proud to introduce you to CAN Do – a three year strategy focused on Nulsen Disability Services’ culture, aimed at rediscovering and re-strengthening what makes us unique.
Nulsen has a rich heritage in disability services that commenced in 1954. We believe in the importance of ensuring that this strong legacy and culture endures for decades to come as we grow and evolve to remain a leading provider of disability services in WA.
Please enjoy the first edition of Together, which provides an update on the work the CAN DO Employee Committee has been undertaking since the strategy was launched in October 2022 and what’s coming up next!
Nulsen Disability Services guiding principles
Our guiding principles sit at the centre of our commitment to providing outstanding services for people with complex disability. Disability services that empower people to live their best life.
At Nulsen, you’ll be talking to a dedicated team member with a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of the people we support.
You can think of our guiding principles as an enduring philosophy describing what you can expect from Nulsen. These principles give us the strength to do what is right, even when it’s hard.
- We believe people with disability have the right to dignity and respect, to grow, develop and pursue their aspirations, the same as other citizens of Australia – even though they may need extra support and education to do so.
- We consider a quality life as one where people participate in their community, gain the respect of others, enjoy meaningful relationships, use skills, exercise choices, and have opportunities to express themselves.
- We’re primarily accountable to the people to whom we provide services.
- We’re also accountable to other stakeholders, including families, employees, friends, advocates, funding organisations, other people with a disability and the wider community.
- We safeguard and advocate for the wellbeing of people with disability.
- We believe a quality service comes out of knowing the person and responding to his/her changing needs over their lifetime.
- We empower our team through training and development, reward and recognition so that they, in turn, can empower the people we support in The Nulsen Way.
- We seek to strengthen Nulsen through the contribution and influence of valued stakeholders.
We offer a range of disability services, such as Supported Independent Living (SIL) services, helping individuals find the best SDA or non-SDA home and compatible housemate, and providing bespoke therapy services. We have supported over 200 individuals on their journey, and we’re here to support you!